Saturday, January 13, 2007

One soft touch

Alright, it was raining. Bad.

The rain of one day was equal to 25% of ALL the rain that fell in 2006.

So I was on my sofa, watching Dawn of the dead. I've been on that couch for the past 6 hours, watching movies and basically slacking around.

I had dinner at six thirty which I had already promise to go. But boy did I feel lazy. None of W171 was free to go. No new friends were going. And quite a few E345 people couldnt make it as well cause they were sick.

And as I laid there, I thought to myself. What's the point of me going? Though I've already promised. The people that I liked talking to in E345 were not going anyway. Only those I dont really talk to much.

It was gonna be boring! Or so I thought.

But I realise though, that God's like that! It isent always about being with the most fun people. It isent always about going out with those people u like and can talk with. It isent about me, myself, I and how much fun I can have!

So anyway, I dragged myself up. Got dressed, and walked through the rain ( soaking wet ) to the bus stop and then down town.

It felt rotton walking through the rain to a place you werent really excited about going. Oh, and did i mention that in the end, we went to a restaurant whoes food I did not like to eat that much?

Deary deary deary... Boring boring boring....

So dinner was ok... had a bit of jokes, discussed some stuff... Nothing like those wild crazy LAUGH LIKE YOU'RE MAD AND YOU DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK dinners.

But still nice.

And after that we walked around cine for a while.

Ok. At this point, this point is where it ALL turns around.

We went into a quiet corner, and celebrated Wei ming's birthday!

And you know something? This is what it's all about! As we sang him the song, I could tell how touched he was, how speechless he looked. I dont know much about him, but I do know he's really quiet, and I know he's been through alot.

And as we sang the song for him, he just teared up...

And his mom said this " ever since he came into this group, he's been happier. He's starting to speak out more, and his life has changed so much... "

And This. Is what makes every single thing worthwhile. This is what God and church and cell group's about!

Singing and jumping and praising are great! But making a difference in a person's life... I belive that's what God really wants us to do isent it?

Loving God wholeheartedly. Loving People Fervently.

One soft touch.

I remember once again, what I'm here for.

No comments: