Sunday, September 14, 2008


" Love gives us a power to hurt that hate cannot match. "

I read this off a book a few days ago. It impressed upon me so much that I memorized it.
If you did not love a person, it would be so easy to just forget and just walk away.

A rude woman on the bus.
An impolite waiter.
Arrogant customers.

Sure, you feel that flicker of anger, but it passes over soon enough.

But if its someone you hold dear, someone you love. How much harder it is to just forget and move on. How much harder to just ' not care '.

I can just imagine.

If aphro bit me
if my dad called me stupid
if my friends ignored or bitch about me.

Man, how painful that would feel. And how much harder it would be for me to forgive them. After all, these are the people ( and dog ) that I love! The more you love someone, the greater the hurt.

Which is probably why sometimes forgiveness is hard. Maybe that's why children always find it hard to forgive parents or vice versa. That's why divorced couples usually don't talk anymore.

Love paints the most beautiful picture from your imagination, into reality. This is called Hope, a companion of the elusiveness that is love.


Take a moment. Think about the people you love. Have you been hurt by them before? Try to remember the feeling.

Now. Take another moment and think of the people that loved you. Have You hurt Them before? Understand how they feel =)


Which is why we all need to learn how to forgive. Because forgiveness is setting a prisoner free, and realizing that the prisoner was You.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it is the season for love, I don't know. The birds do seem to be singing, and the flowers do seem to be blooming. Love found me like the rising of the sun this time round.

Instead of a horse running, it flutters like a gentle dove.

Hmm... A dove. Lovely.

Gentle and pure. Instead of romping the ground, maybe this time it would take to the skies instead.

Who knows what true love should be like?
Indeed, who knows.

But a dove, what a lovely picture it paints. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well Chris. What is there to forgive

when you love, adore, and care for someone or something. they cant appear to do much damage. painful of course, disappointed surely, but they cant seem to be able to be in the wrong, even if they are.

because you love them. what is there to forgive.

thats what love all about