Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Its all about depth.

I once heard a saying that goes something like this. " You stretch a mile across, but you only have an inch of depth. "

How meaningful. I look at the friends I have in school, the friends I have in church, the friends I known from my past, the friends from army. How vast, how high the numbers go.

A mile across.

But how deep?

Popularity without character, laughter without joy, lust without love.

How deep?

A remnant of my past came back to haunt me. A decision I made a really long time ago, and one more recent. I always thought, if I put the past behind me, it would stay there. But like spiders, they do have a certain way of crawling right back.


Love is like a flower.
Beautiful to behold, lovely to smell.
Basking in the light
Blistering in the night

The lovelier the flower
The thornier the stems

Love blossoms in the right conditions
Only in certain seasons.
Planted in the right ground
It always brings about smiles,
never ever a frown.

But is it in vanity?
For flowers do fade.
There comes a certain day
where the petals would fall
upon the grass blade.

And there forth shall determine.
If Love wilts and dies.
Or does it bear a fruit
with seeds of life inside?

Yeah. Love could stretch a mile wide. Like a vast field of dandelions.
But only the ones which takes root and goes deep.

Those are the ones to look out for.

No comments: