Sunday, December 16, 2007

Man do I have a story to tell.

The lack of pictures dampens my spirits though, I realise now that, hand phone cameras just do not cut it. I think having a camera at camp would have proved another gelling point in cell group.

Camp breakaway.

How can I describe it. I never understood, what breakthrough really meant, in a sense.
But camp breakaway, was a breakthrough for me.

I guess, a breakthrough means, doing things you never thought you could, going on even when you're tired, reaching a new level, changing the limits you set in your mind.

I guess breakthrough also means, when you see a dream come to pass.

It really isent something you can read or listen and understand, you have to feel it. Experience it.


To meet so many people, fervent in their love for God and people. It just blew me away. I saw how the leaders slept so little, just planning and planning, making sure everything is alright.
And i understood, why God used the word serve.

Sometimes people get caught up with the idea of a cell group leader. How glorious right? To be able to impact and influence people's lives. Who wouldnt wanna be one? People would respect you, admire you.

But with that, they miss out how, behind the scenes, the leaders plan for months. They sleep 3 hours a night. They juggle the stress of safety and fun. They ensure everyone is included. They deal with people telling them, they are doing the wrong things.

Cell group leaders lead, not for the glory, but for the serventhood.

If you're a Christian under a cell group in this place, always love your leader, always respect them. It really is a sacrifice.


I got crowned superhero of my house! Haha, not bad eh? My purple cape is on the top of my shelf, along with my newcomer award hahaha!

Oh! another occasion in the camp is definitely SHOOTING STARS!!

I dont know what occasion it was, but we saw 8 that day! Its the first time I've seen a real shooting star at night, and for the rest of us as well. You can guess how excited we were!

And they just streak across the sky. One blink, one lack of attention, and you'd have missed it!

How perfectly in season, considering we just heard " seizing your critical moment "

And I couldn't have asked for better company. All the way from a old 22-yr-old man like to me, to young 14 year old kristin. It goes to show, friendship has no age limit.

Its Hong Kong tomorrow! The city of the night. That, there will be pictures I promise. Ok tudios! I'm off to give aphro a much hate bathe!

No comments: