Wednesday, December 26, 2007

December has got to be the busiest month of the year. With Christmas and holidays and meeting up friends and family.

This has been the first day I had to truly relax and stay at home, reading, watching TV , sleeping.

I've had my results back, not as great as I would like, but its still ok. I do have rather high expectations after all.

The past few days just whizzed by, going to church for the two days I've been home. Look at how thousands of candle lights light up a hall that is otherwise pitch black! And That's the way to do it. Lighting up darkness, one candle flame at a time.


2008 comes knocking on my door too soon. What a year this has been! Somehow, it didnt seem as significant. Like, there wasnt a huge Punch when I looked back. A slurry of events that happened, but yet the image remains like frosted glass.

Looking back, I realised I'm glad Not for the things that happened, but really, for the people that I've come to known.

Hong Kong made me realised how incredibly blessed I am to have a bunch of Goof balls as my friends. How rare to have friendship at this level after 10 years. Ten years!



And university.

How do I start? Knowing UB people must be one of the turning points of my life! Everyone I've known is star struck awesome in their own ways! Like they say, a rainbow is beautiful cause of all the different colours in it.

But amongst them, two people really stood out.

Bryan, who shown me that , relationships goes beyond talent and hardwork. This is a guy who, once he sets his mind to something, doesnt stop until he's the best! And I do mean the best. From him, I saw that courage to follow one's heart, and how it pays off.

Many people would take the conventional way. Take a degree, get a job. It pays. But he chose to pursue photography, just caused he liked it. He didnt expect it to really pay off I guess, but he wanted to learn, to be good.

I wont say how much he earns. But its an impressive amount.
And it came from passion! Working for passion, not money.
That inspires me.



And then, there's Malorie.

Many people see her as talented and smart. Brains and looks to boot. Music and science and literature personified.

But perhaps the thing that struck me most, was how strong you are. Having known you, probably changed me in a way, that even I might not know. Your courage, gives birth to new hope in other people. Seeing you strong enough to have walk through your valley. It gives me courage you know. That I know I can be strong enough to walk through mine, and any that is to come.




And of course Church!

I had the privilege of knowing all the people in Yellow house! The fervency and love for God, overwhelms me. The guys that slept in the same room with me, Tidus, Simon and so many more that I have not mentioned. You guys wont read this i think, but but but. The camp was fun, because of you. The dancing to music, the sabo, the deciding of where to sleep! I miss camp all over again.

And of course there's team leaders! Yixuan, whoes favourite word is flow! And Jocelyn, our SUPERHERO!

We're the only house that met so much, and gelled so strongly, and its really all cause of her.

Oh! And how can I forget JEN! Who made supper fun-filled-overflowing!
And Fenky! Who showed me patience.

Lastly, definitely it would be E444.

Through the camp, Christmas.... Guys. You all have grown.
And its from glory to glory indeed.
Through the mad tiredness, we went through! And we went through it together.

Sticks bundled together, thread intertwined.
If one single person can make a difference.
Just imagine.
One cell group can make history.



Of course. What I am would really be nothing without my family! Who made me who I am! Literally! haha


God is good.

No comments: