Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm IN!

This marks a new start, a new opportunity. And I love new beginnings. I don't knowwhere this new path would bring me, but I believe it is going to be GOOD.

I wanna share a story. For those who do not know, when i said I'm in, i meant my church's choir ministry! Its not a simple I wanna sign up and you get in thing, there are auditions that you go to, and then u get selected.

Let's go back to the very beginning. I remember the first time I was asked what ministry I wanted to join, Choir jumped out! But I've never had a good voice, no rhythm, no tone. To me, I cant sing! But I would really like to.

But how does a person who cant sing join the choir right? That's like, asking Micheal Jordan to play soccer. I didnt share this with anyone before, but I was afraid, afraid that I would fail, and be rejected. So why try? And I remembered then, i went to help out at JAMS church. That's church for the intellectually disabled. And I was pretty blown away by the people, and how much sacrifice they could give.

I thought, Hey! Maybe this is where I belonged. And I could see myself helping out, and serving there. But you know this nagging feeling you always get? I always had it. But i went ahead and signed up for JAMS anyway.

Weeks passed and they never got back. Looking back, maybe its God's way of steering me to the place where I wanted to go? Godly desires are from God after all.

I reached a place where I thought, you know what, I want to join choir, I want to join it more then JAMS. And I should give it a shot. Even if I dont get in, I know I tried. I wanna overcome my fear, my insecurity and simply follow my heart.

I read this somewhere, I think from Yanbing's blog or msn or something. It says, Victory is won from the inside out. Overcome what's in your heart, and things around you change.

I know getting in is not that difficult. But to me, it spells a victory. Cause beneath my proud and conceited exterior, I'm more insecure then most people think. (sounds familiar) But! I know one thing, I pray and I love God. And I know he watches over me. SO no matter how insecure, how much a loser, how unworthy I THINK I am. I KNOW I'm not.

If the most powerful being ever thinks I am worthy, who am I to think I am not?

Right now, I almost feel as though I can walk on water.
And I'm gonna try.

What's to stop me?

When was the last time you had the audacity to try something you never believed you could do?

No comments: