Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Narnia!



I finished watching Narnia 2 with Joce yesterday, and it was good. I have a thing for fantasy books and shows that has a children's element in it. Fairy tales in essence!



I like how there might be a whole different world, with fairies and centaurs and dwarfs and elves, and not in the Lord of the rings kind of way, or in the Harry potter kinda way. But in a Narnia, Hans Christian Anderson sort of manner.



Where innocence prevails cunning, and endings are always happy. Whenever I read Harry Potter in the past, I always conjure up a dark background or a gloomy atmosphere. Narnia on the other hand gives me a feeling of hope, friskiness and glee! I like that. Innocent, light hearted reading. Not to mention the old manner of how the english speak. Full of manners and yet oddly snobbish haha.


And there are the quotes. Which always sets me thinking, since we all know this. That sometimes, there are deeper hidden meanings behind each word, each sentence and each book.



There is a huge hidden meaning or rather representation in the Chronicals of Narnia. But I'd rather not spoil the moment for you. Go read it! Maybe you might find something you are searching for in life after all! Maybe hope, maybe joy, maybe innocence. Or maybe even more then all that.


I leave u all with the following =)




"Yes," said Queen Lucy. "In our world too, a Stable once had something inside it that was bigger than our whole world." ~TLB

No comments: