Monday, September 10, 2007

To me, I wont say I am too into music. I'm not too into photography. I'm not too into literature.

They are awesomely cool though... And I wished that I could tell people that I did know something about them. That I knew something about the theories or music, or how the light blends and make perfect angles. I wish I could discuss the how certain of authurs could bend and twist emotions.

I'm not Into these things, but I love them! I love the music, literature and photography because in them, I get to look at the world through the eyes of another. To get a whole new perspective!

When I listen to music, sure! I enjoy the melody, but more often then not, I notice the lyrics. When I look at pictures, I dont just think, hey , this looks cool, it looks clear and crisp.

I like the emotions photography brings, I like the stories behind it.
( eh Joo? haha )I like imagining, if I was there at that moment, what would I feel? What would i do?

And in that context. I Especially love books. What better way to live the life of another, through words.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here, let me show u what i mean. Get the message :D

You ask me if I love you
And I choke on my reply
I'd rather hurt you honestly
Than mislead you with a lie
And who am I to judge you
On what you say or do?
I'm only just beginning to see the real you

And sometimes when we touch
The honesty's too much
And I have to close my eyes and hide
I wanna hold you til I die
Til we both break down and cry
I wanna hold you till the fear in me subsides

Romance and all its strategy
Leaves me battling with my pride

But through the insecurity
Some tenderness survives

I'm just another writer
Still trapped within my truth

A hesitant prize fighter

Still trapped within my youth


And sometimes when we touch
The honesty's too much
And I have to close my eyes and hide
I wanna hold you til I die
Til we both break down and cry
I wanna hold you till the fear in me subsides

At times I'd like to break you
And drive you to your knees
At times I'd like to break through
And hold you endlessly

At times I understand you
And I know how hard you've tried
I've watched while love commands you
And I've watched love pass you by

At times I think we're drifters Still searching for a friend
A brother or a sister But then the passion flares again

And sometimes when we touch
The honesty's too much
And I have to close my eyes and hide
I wanna hold you til I die
Til we both break down and cry
I wanna hold you till the fear in me subsides


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All these images are from http://www.pulitzer.org/. They were the winners for featured photography and breaking news phatography.




















Wounded in an aerial bombing of Baghdad and seeking aid, Iraqi civilians raise their hands pleadingly toward advancing troops of the 3rd Infantry Division. (Photo by David Leeson)























After three weeks and 300-plus miles of speed-and-maneuver warfare, Master Gunnery Sgt. Frank Cordero savors the first letters from his wife, Melissa. "I held that first one for about five minutes...Just to smell it and hold it." (Photo by Cheryl Diaz Meyer)





















Squad leader and Staff Sgt. Lonnie Roberts stands at attention as troops from the 3rd Brigade Combat Team pay last respects to their fallen comrade, Pvt. Gregory Huxley, during a memorial for the 19-year-old in Baghdad. (Photo by David Leeson)






















Baghdad - The mother of Samah Hussein grieves over the body at a Baghdad morgue. The boy was among 12 people reportedly killed by a suicide car bombing outside the U.S. military's Camp Cuervo. (Photo by Samir Mizban, June 13, 2004.)























Fallujah - U.S. Marines pray over a fellow Marine killed while fighting insurgent strongholds. (Photo by Murad Sezer, April 8, 2004.)



The story of a mother

















































































































































































-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Love and sadness, peace and war, joy and agony. The laughter of play, and the turmoil of death. You've almost seen it all, through pictures, through song, through words.

There. You've been in and out of Love, you've seen a war, you've lived the life of a mother with a dying child.

What's your life I wonder. You who is reading this. I wanna know!

There is one more picture though. I saved this for last. It's named...

Treasure this Hope.


No comments: