Monday, February 19, 2007

Dear God

Dear God,
I pray that even as I grow old, I would still thank you. For every new magical day, for the morning sun that warms my face, for the trickle of late afternoon rain down my back,

For how the leaves seem so green, and how the grass smell so nice. For the gentle breeze and roaring wave. For the fierce heat of the day, and the gentle cool of the night.

For how my family seems to always shout and scream and take AGES to prepare and promise to never ever go back to a place to visit cause of how far it is and how rude the distant relatives are, and repeats the ritual once again the following year. :-)

I thank you God, for my sense of humour :-)

I thank you that they always wanna "talk" despite how I always try to steer clear and seem annoyed. And I pray that I would break this, to one day share all dreams, all fears , all desires, all humour and jokes with them.

I pray that my family ties CAN grow. That I would take a lighter view of them all, including my relatives. I pray that I can show out my emotions, to let them know how much I care.

And GOD! I thank you for awesome friends. I pray God, that you're always gonna watch over them, the near. And the far. That where they are, there you will be. Protect their bodies, their mind, their soul. From the crown of their heads, to the sole of their feet.

Let joy always flow from heaven. No burdens, no worries, no running away and no mellowing in the past. But joy! Pure and simple.

And God, thank you for Dogs! And how they never seem to tire of the same old patch of grass. How they are always ALWAYS excited to see us get home. How they can always listen and not judge. And no matter how sad I seem, they always seem to say. " I understand. " SO YEAH! Thank you God for dogs!


And I pray. That I'll always smile through this quaint, quirky lil life of mine. :-)

No comments: